This curry tastes similar to the one you get in restaurants.
I used Mae ploy curry paste.Experiment with whatever paste You can get. It's spicy and really good.This paste contains shrimp so,when you open the pkg the smell is raw.but once saute it in oil the smell is gone.
Tofu - 1 pkg (drain the water and cube it into bite size pieces).
Carrots - 2 (cut it lengthwise 1'')
Beans - few( maybe 8 -10. cut it lengthwise 1'')
Big Chinese brinjal- half(Optional. if You plan to use brinjal saute it in oil separately then use it.)
Bell pepper - 1(if u hv different colors mix it and use them.dice it in to medium sizes.)
Onion - 1/2(dice it in to medium size pieces )
Garlic-3 pods (Grate it or crush it)
Coconut milk -8 oz (split it in half.To one 4 oz add little water and dilute it. )
Red curry paste-3 tbs
salt - As required
- In oil saute onion till it turns transparent,then garlic for 2 minutes and add the curry paste.
- Saute till the raw smell is gone.(for 5-6 minutes).
- Add the vegetables and let them cook till they are almost done.
- Add required amount of salt then add thin coconut milk.
- Now add tofu.
- Boil it for 3 minutes.
- Put it in simmer mode and Add the remaining 4 oz of coconut milk then switch it off.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve with white rice or brown rice.